[TenTec] WTB: Hetrodyne oscillator board for the Omni VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Hetrodyne oscillator board for the Omni VI
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 08:54:56 -0400
Yes, it does seem odd.  I installed a metal version of the J310, a U-310.
It is holding so far, but I am not convinced that all of problems have been
fully uncovered.

The heat problem only affected the crystal for 160 meters, and the crystal
that is used for both 80 and 20 meters.  Otherwise, heating that area did
NOT affect the other bands.  A lot of heat would unlock 40 meters, but that
was probably caused by too much heat.  My Boonton RF Millivoltmeter didn't
reveal any level problems from the oscillators which shot down another
theory.

Anyway, the radio is working, for now... when another board shows on ePay
I'll probably grab it for insurance.

Pete

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>