Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 14:30:13 -0500
Mike:

Your first sentence is confusing as there are 2 requirements for interfacing the radio to the computer.

(a) the RS-232 to USB  converter should be connected from the DB-9 connector on the back of the radio direct to a USB port on the computer

(b) the Signalink USB should be connected from the ACC connector on the back of the radio direct to a USB port on the computer.

In the above 2 statements (a) handles the data, frequency, mode and such and (b) handles only audio

If you are using a USB Hub or such, this could be an issue.  I've not had much success with them in this type application.

You indicated that Digital Master works which would indicate the audio is getting from the radio to the computer.   But if HRD doesn't work then there is a data issue.  Perhaps a missing driver or such.  Or maybe that your RS-232 to USB converter is a device using Prolifit chipset.  Some units work somewhat, and many do not.   I have had 100% success with the FTDI chipset and the interface model RTS-03 from R T Systems.

73

Bob, K4TAX