Re: [TenTec] Off Topic

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Stuart Rohre <Rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off Topic
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 23:40:53 -0500
The guy in Dallas is named, I think, Cal and is still very much active with a web site at http://www.hamrepair.com/

He was recommended to me by another friend that knows him personally.

Clif Holland used to be in the FW area, but moved to Mabank, TX, some years ago. Cal and Clif apparently know each other and both are considered superb repair technicians won the older gear, such as TS-930/940/950. I recently had my 930 repaired by Clif Holland, but it may be the last one he fixes. He recently noted on his web site that his doctor limits his lifting to no more than 35 pounds. The '930 weights 38 and so is among the rigs explicitly listed on his site that he no longer services. That's a loss to the community because Clif knows these rigs astonishingly well.

Cal at Ham Repair is said to be as good as Clif, but I cannot vouch for them based on my personal experience. It's worth a shot, though!

Kim N5OP