Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Sub-Rcvr. Problem - Squealing Tone, no signal

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Sub-Rcvr. Problem - Squealing Tone, no signal
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:37:29 -0500
From your description, it sounds like something in the synthesizer. It is not
immediately apparent what part on the receiver board itself could cause that.

However, I do have a spare sub receiver board you could borrow to try if you
wish. i’d need it back or $100 plus shipping for it.

It’s too bad that the synthesizers in the Orion are not the same. You could try
taking the injection from the main receiver and running it through the L. O.
input of the sub receiver.

If you have a signal generator, you could remove the TMP cable from the L. O.
inputs, one-at-a-time, and set the generator to produce the proper frequency
and amplitude of each. Then see if you can tune in signals by varying the
generator.

Gary