[TenTec] Orion 2 Noise Blanker Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 Noise Blanker Question
From: jon greenwood via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 01:08:47 +0000 (UTC)
I have 2 Orion's 565 and 566. Both have the latest firmware updates V3. The 566
has the rx366 sub rx. The Orion has the standard sub rx. The Hardware noise
blanker on the Orion works great. On the Orion 2 when the hardware noise
blanker is on it messes up the rx in the main. Strong nearby signals even 20k
away can modulate noise. I have read up on this in the Yahoo group and seems
like it may have been due to the latest firmware update. Others comments seem
to indicate that not to be true. One thing I notice is the RX on the Orion2
seems to be very strong. The sweep function is almost useless as everything
reads high across the "bandscope" On my Orion the sweep is much lower even to
the point of being lower than one would think it should be but the signals then
are well above the noise and easy to pick out. It is almost like the rx in the
Orion 2 is to "hot" thus causing the noise blanker issue. Same antenna's same
settings etc.

Is anyone aware of an alignment procedure to adjust or set the receive signal
strength in the Orion2? That would be my only gripe on these great rigs is the
lack of a good service manual. Or any other thoughts on a trouble shooting
path.

Jon n8mus