Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Century 21 Power Issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting Century 21 Power Issue
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 10:18:59 -0400
gary,

that supply is very simple.

if you have 25 V AC from the secondary of the transformer yet no dc on the cap,
check the bridge rectifier. They have been known to go bad in that radio. Most
likely one or more of the diodes inside have opened. Replacement is the best
way to check, they’re not expensive or hard to obtain

the over trip circuit uses the voltage drop across a low value resistor that
when it drops an excessive amount, trips a scr that shuts the PS down. It only
controls the DC side of the power supply.

when it trips, you would still see both ac from the transformer and dc across
the filter cap.

Mike, WB8VGE
www.theheathkitshop.com