[TenTec] 238B Antenna Switch Repair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238B Antenna Switch Repair
From: "Robb Urie" <rurie@bajabb.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 12:23:15 -0600
Greetings,

My trusty TT 238B tuner failed me today.  Seems as the 4 position antenna
switch has lost it’s detents and the wafer just spins.  After getting the rear
panel off, I cannot see the entire switch assembly due to the manner that it is
attached to the circuit board.  I don’t see any loose parts or evidence of the
broken detent so wondering if anyone has had to replace this wafer switch?

Getting the circuit card/back panel apart will require more work due to the
SO-239 connectors, but my guess is the actual wafer switch might be a Ten Tec
manufactured item.

I’d like to hear from anyone who has similar issue.

Thanks,

Robb N0RU