Re: [TenTec] 707 wiring

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 707 wiring
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:04:54 -0500

This is a dynamic mike which, like most all dynamics, exhibit noticeable proximity effect.  That is , the closer the mike to the mouth, the more bottom end.   Also, as I recall, the element is closer to the bottom of the mike.  I've found a distance of about one fist or about 4", mike-to-mouth, is typically a good working distance and always directly on axis to the front of the mike. Closer mike-to-mouth distance lends to a bit too much bottom end.

I've found that correct mike gain in the radio thus correct ALC level, correct speech processing level, and correct mike technique will beat all amounts of EQ.

73

Bob, K4TAX