Re: [TenTec] Fan kit for O2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fan kit for O2
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:33:28 -0600
Peter et al:

I picked up a 12 VDC fan from a local hamfest, or perhaps on-line.   Choose one about the size of the heat sink or a bit smaller.     For attaching the fan to the heat sink,  I used the type of plastic anchors  for securing a screw into drywall. Choose a size that easily  but firmly pushes in the fins of the heat sink.  Then using screws that go through the corner holes in the fan and extending about 1/2"to 3/4" attached the fan to the plastic anchors.   The fan is positioned to blow air onto the heat sink.  Power it from the station supply or the 12 V acc source on the radio.  If the fan runs too fast or makes too much noise, insert 1 or 2 diodes in series with the leads to the fan. Using this method one can easily remove the fan if needed and no modification to the radio are needed.

73

Bob, K4TAX