Re: [TOEC] IMD i SSB-sändare

TCL tcl at swipnet.se
Sat Sep 13 18:46:57 EDT 2003

> Förr kunde man ju komma undan med att köra CW contests istället
> men nu för tiden med riggar som har rysliga nyckelknäppar är
> ju det lika olidligt, istället för splatter så har man knäppar
> över hela bandet.
> Var i hela friden är vi på väg?
>
> /EKM

Ja det kan man undra.

På World Radio Conference WRC2003 var frågan uppe till diskussion. Tydligen trycker radioastronomerna på och vill ha tuffare krav och regleringar även för radioamatörerna. Om vi splattrar för mycket får vi dåligt rykte..?  Se nedan

73
Bengt SM7EQL

5.3 Agenda Item 1.8 - Issues Related to Unwanted Emissions
There were two aspects of this agenda item of interest to the IARU.

The first relates to spurious emissions, that is, signals produced by a transmitter at some frequency outside the allocated band (often harmonics), which may interfere with other receivers. There are international regulations setting limits on such spurious emissions, and the levels for amateur transmitters are clearly defined. We are interested in ensuring that these limits are not tightened to the point where home constructed amateur equipment could not meet them. The very sensitive receivers used by radio astronomers and remote sensing satellites are susceptible to spurious emissions, and users of those services are continually trying to update the limits to provide additional protection. This topic was not a major issue for us at this conference.

A second problem is concerned with what amateurs call "splatter". In other words, a poorly designed or operated amateur transmitter can cause interference to other amateurs using a nearby frequency.
To date, there have been no international regulations governing the level of such splatter, although the radio astronomers and passive sensor people have been trying hard to see such regulations put into effect.

The threat to amateurs occurs when one of our bands is immediately adjacent to a passive sensor band, and amateurs operating near the band edge might cause problems.
With support from the Canadian delegation, we were able to ensure that none of the amateur bands were mentioned in any new regulatory constraints approved at the conference. There are however, two 2007 agenda items related to ongoing studies of such band pairs, and these should be monitored in the ITU-R

Referens IARU WRC report http://www.iaru-r1.org/wrc-4.html