[TOEC] Russian DX Contest 2011 - Rules

Rolf Salme, SM5MX sm5mx at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 03:21:40 PST 2011

Timo,
I just spotted your remark on the CQ-Contest reflector about the new rules in RDXC:
"So do the rules mean that if I accidently won my class eg. without CAT, I will finish #4?
73, Timo OH1NOA
non-serious contester according to K6LA"

I think you hit the nail there with your remark, Timo. I do not have CAT and I have no intention to invest in that simply to comply with childishly overambitious and misdirected rules in a Russian contest.

The RDXC has proven to be an extremely well-organized contest and has gained world-wide popularity in a relatively short time, rightly so, However, if the rules are reshaped more or less simply to create obstacles to gangsterism in certain part of the world at the expense of the joy of honest participants elsewhere, RDXC may very well lose its attraction equally fast.

I am still planning to participate in the RDXC this year with my non-CAT, medieval equipment and my Russian TR4W  software - but it might be my final effort in this particular event, disqualified or not.

73,RolfSM5MX