[TOEC] Russian DX Contest 2011 - Rules

Luoma-aho Pasi Pasi.Luoma-aho at digia.com
Mon Feb 14 00:30:55 PST 2011

I must say that this part of the new RDXC rules makes me sad.  I support the efforts of trying to nail those who do not respect the rules, but like Rolf I doubt if this "CAT-thing" is going to do any good to RDXC.  Of course you can say that when you consider yourself as a serious contester you make sure that you have CAT connection that works 100% through the whole contest.  I have personally seen and had many occasions where for reasons not known or not recognized during the contest this has not been the case.   And normally you recognize this only after the contest from your Cabrillo log.  Any electricity cut, rebooting your equipment or PC etc. is a risk.

I really don't like the idea that my serious contest effort can be "washed down" because of an unexpected "CAT bomb".

73 de Pasi OH6UM