TopBand: Digital signals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Digital signals
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:47:01 -0800 (PST)
> I have been hearing a digital signal on 1831 for a few weeks now.  Does
> anybody know the origin?  It made A35ZL hard to hear towards the end of
> their stay, especially since they were never very strong.  This signal
> seems to be a continuous stream  of data.

I haven't heard this - but I did hear something very strange on
about 1822 last weekend.  It was SSB - but it was obviously
encrypted somehow.  There was a QSO of some kind going on -
as there were two differnet stations.  There was also occasional
packet bursts.  You could almost understand the voices, but not
quite.

Wonder if it was government stuff - or maybe drug smugglers.

Heard in the morning - S9 signals.

Tree N6TR