TopBand: Digital signals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Digital signals
From: RobnPam@compuserve.com (Robert g. Flory)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:22:28 -0500
Hello Topbanders,

I have been hearing a digital signal on 1831 for a few weeks now.  Does
anybody know the origin?  It made A35ZL hard to hear towards the end of
their stay, especially since they were never very strong.  This signal
seems to be a continuous stream  of data.

On 1952 this morning I first noticed a very strong digital signal.  It has
to be in the US or Canada.  It has the pattern of a few seconds of data,
and then a short carrier, much like the ones in ZL on 1817 and 1819, which
I have not heard much lately.

Anyone have any bearing observations or know what they are about?

Rob K2WI