TopBand: EWE, FLAG, BEV. and...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EWE, FLAG, BEV. and...
From: scaroni" <scaroni@phoenix.it (scaroni)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:58:42 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BE27AC.E9EAF420

Hi gentlemen,

I am looking, like many of us, to improve my ability in receiving the
weak signal here in Top Band.
In this last times, we have look many very interesting project about low
noise rx antenna, but, i have now a little bit of confusion in my head,
like many of you, i believe.
So, wich of all these will be the best antenna for this use???and for
our ground quality?
The many articles wrote on the argoment, report this type:

beverage, in all the configuration
little magnetic loop, phased or no
ewe
low dipole
the new flag
triangle terminated
little vert dipole 4 square phased array
2 little dipole vert array
wire on ground
and........

So, all the last articles reports all about the Az/zen pattern, about
the gain referred to the isotropic radiator, but never i have read some
comparisasion tests using some model in the same moment in the same
place.
So, i believe that all us looking for the best S/N, so the ewe that has
-22dBi will be better than a phased little loop that has -32 dBi, or
no??????(all 2 premplified)
So only this morning i have read the comments of SP5EWY, that has tried
ewe, mag loop, and reports that for him the best is the K9AY.
But all this tests were made at the same time?
Also here i am trying to check this very interesting thing, so all this
make the Top Band the band where we can discover again somethings, not
like the other band, were with a big yagi we have the world at our feet.
Well, the last year i have tried with the low dipole, beverage, and the
best is the beverage all the time, not of new yes i know.
But also the low dipole sometimes was better than my slooping dipole,
also this antenna is good to put if we have the free space in field.
Now i have a little system made by 2 mag loop phased, and also the
beverage 1000 feet to NA and JA.
The next step is put an ewe, and a triangle terminated to check at the
same time the difference between all this type of antenna.
So i think that some discussion about all this difference will be very
interesting on the reflector, also for the type like ewe, triangle
terminated etc etc compared to beverage or vertical TX ant.
The antenna to tx is important, but much more is important the rx
antenna.
So, like i'm afraid to become an "ALLIGATOR", like K1ZM reports in his
book, i hope in same news about, hi hi hi.
Vy 73s to all and see you on Top Band!!

IK2DED Giulio.