Topband: Summer 160 Meter DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Summer 160 Meter DX
From: kn4lf@webtv.net (Thomas Giella)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
   KK4TR, N1CZZ and KN4LF here in Florida have been on 1830 and 1845
kc's most every night throughout this summer of 2000.
   With a quiet Atlantic/Caribbean tropics and the drought in the
southern U.S., we have found the usual summer lightning QRN problem to
be minimal after our local thunderstorm QRN diminishes by 0200 UTC.
   We have lamented amongst ourselves the observation that if the
majority of the normal winter season 160 meter ops. stopped by 160 one
evening they would be surprised at the unsually quiet conditions.

Take Care,

Thomas Giella, KN4LF