Topband:Parallel vertical antennas and 160M amps

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband:Parallel vertical antennas and 160M amps
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 02:16:04 -0400
VK6VZ:
>I was very interested to see that the close spacing of 6" to 12" apparently
>(i.e. modelled on EZNEC) caused less interaction with parallel-fed
>inverted-Ls than spacing them 3' to 10'.

A cautionary note - NEC-2/EZNEC can give unreliable results when wires are
close together (in WL).  In my models of the Force 12 C-3, for example, as
well as the factory's, the feedpoint values are 'way off.  I think this is
a case where the ony reliable way is to give it a try.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at