Topband:Parallel vertical antennas and 160M amps

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband:Parallel vertical antennas and 160M amps
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:33:40 -0400
At 09:19 AM 4/6/01 -0400, Gary Breed wrote:

N4ZR:
>A cautionary note - NEC-2/EZNEC can give unreliable results when wires are
>close together (in WL)....

K9AY:
>NEC modeling of closely spaced wires can be accurate....

Gary's correct, but there do seem to be limitations, even when these
precautions are taken.  I followed exactly the procedure he describes with
my C-3 modeling, and while gain and pattern converged, the 15-meter
feedpoint numbers remained far from observed reality.  The only point I was
really trying to make is that it might be simpler and would probably be
more reliable in this case simply to install and try.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at