Topband: salt the ground?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: salt the ground?
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:46:03 -0500
I think it oughta work real well if the goal is to kill the grass, but a
topical treatment of a few hundred lbs over a 200' diameter circle (~ 3/4
acre) would amount to nothing noticable in terms of reducing ground losses.
I've never tried it though.

Tell you what.  Measure the feedpoint before and after and I'll bet there is
no measurable change even after many rains--and even then it may be due to
the rain and not the salt!

Making the ground white with salt (ice melt may not be salt you know)
crystals and then you have a different picture.  However, 1/8" over 30,000
square feet is 312 cubic feet of salt!  That is a dump truck load of salt!

My $0.02 worth of salt...

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com