Topband: FT-1000D External Receive

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT-1000D External Receive
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:24:24 -0800
We are about to install a pair of K9AY loops at the local
club station and were wondering if the FT-1000D requires
any special care with respect to front-end protection when
using the external receive antenna input. The loops will
only be about 100 feet or so away from our transmit
antennas (I know - this may present a whole other set of
problems with respect to interaction), so I am a bit
worried that we might fry the input amp on the FT-1000D
if its not adequately protected. We may also use the loops
with a TS-850, so I would be curious about
how well this rig does with respect to front-end protection
of external receive antennas. We will be running 1.5 KW
to the TX antennas.

Thanks!