Re: Topband: More not dead yet

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: More not dead yet
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:56:43 +0000
I heard a couple of Italians last night on approx 1830 at least 579 - right
in there with domestic signals.  Also noticed the broadcast stations on the
top end of 75 were unusually loud.  That part of the band sounded almost
like 40m at nighttime, with English, German and French speaking stations,
and of course the Digital Radio Mondiale that wipes out 3990-4000 every
night.  Condx to Europe must have been excellent on the lower frequencies.

I had about decided to fire up the rig and try calling the Italians on 160,
but about then we had a power outage that lasted two hours.  I just went to
bed.  Bummer.

Don K4KYV