Topband: Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:25:58 -0700
W1AW was coming in pretty well about 30 minutes before sunset.

Things got more interesting right at sunset as EA8AK showed up with a
559 signal at 0255z.  I was only able to get some QRZs out of him, but
he had a good signal for 10 minutes or so.

Then at 0320z, 5B4AGC showed up - not quite as strong as he was last
time, but Q5 for about 5 minutes before he faded out.  He did QRX
for W6/W7, but I don't think he actually worked any.  George mentioned
on packet that he had S8 noise - but would try again tomorrow.  I am
thinking that as his sunrise time and my sunset time get closer, we
might have some of that magic that UA6LV and I had last week.

DF2PY was heard working K9DX at 0428z - but really not strong enough
to work.

Zero QSOs - but 3 continents heard!  I did manage YV1DIG on 80 meters
and 5Z4DZ on 30 meters.  I could not hear 5Z4DZ on 160 - but someday
conditions will smile on us I hope.  Zone 37 would be way cool to
cross off the list.

Keep the faith!  Oh - and I apolgize for this - but you get sort of
crazy listening to static for too long:

1824.0  FT5XO       08-Apr-2005 0352Z  Long delayed echo       FT8X <N6TR>

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net