Re: Topband: 160 m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 m
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:15:16 -0700
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:06:22PM +0200, Mario wrote:

> I just fixed my 2 and 6 m xvtrs for new FT-1000.  You might consider one
> of these bands without delayed echos :-)

Not true!  I have on numerious times heard a delayed echo on six
meters.  The delay was almost 3 seconds - and I hear heard this
echo on at least four other stations.  I understand the recent
FT5XO operation worked six people using these delayed echoes.

For some reason, they seem to only happen when the moon is on
the horizon.

73 Tree

PS: Heard bits of RK6AXS and 5B4AGC last night - but not enough for
a QSO - no sunrise peak on AGC at all that I could tell - although
the east half of the country seemed to be having a feeding frenzy.