Re: Topband: 5B4AGC

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 5B4AGC
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:20:11 -0700
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:01:32PM -0400, Bruce wrote:

> 5B4AGC Geo came on 1824 kHz at 0248 Hrs UTC with a strong signal.  599 on the
> transmit antenna with S-8 QRN.  569 with very low QRN on the close to the
> ground Beverages. He worked many East coast stations. Top band is alive and
> active.

He was somewhat heard in Oregon as well.  Good streaks on my Spectran
waterfall display - and an occasional dit or two.  However, not as strong
as the brief peak at his sunrise last weekend - or the more solid opening
we had last week.

I am feeling like he needs to be about 579 before I will have a shot at
him hearing me.  Hopefully, we will that opportunity before daylight
gets to be too long.

On the previous nice - CX4SS was coming through - but not hearing well.

Tree