Topband: -- 5B4AGC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: -- 5B4AGC
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:36:25 +0200
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:01:32PM -0400, Bruce wrote:

> 5B4AGC Geo came on 1824 kHz at 0248 Hrs UTC with a strong signal.  599 on
the transmit antenna with S-8 QRN.  569 with very low QRN on the close to
the ground Beverages. He worked many East coast stations. Top band is alive
and active.

He was somewhat heard in Oregon as well.  Good streaks on my Spectran
waterfall display - and an occasional dit or two.  However, not as strong
as the brief peak at his sunrise last weekend - or the more solid opening
we had last week.
I am feeling like he needs to be about 579 before I will have a shot at
him hearing me.  Hopefully, we will that opportunity before daylight
gets to be too long.
On the previous nice - CX4SS was coming through - but not hearing well.
Tree

Early friday morning EU-summertime George was 599 here calling cq DX.  We
had a brief
exchange.
The only US signal audible here was W1AW, in the middle of the buoys , which
were very strong !

73  Rag LA5HE