Topband: Beverage grounds

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage grounds
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:38:47 -0700 (PDT)
At my location in Northern Ohio, I found that a good ground at both ends of a
reversible beverage is extremely important. At first I used a single five foot
long copper pipe at each end. My results in the reverse direction did not seem
very good as far as front to back.

I added a second, five foot rod at the far end and F/B improved. I have since
standardized on three, five foot rods at each end, one in the center and one on
each side, 90 degrees to the wire, spaced at 5 feet (i.e., the spread of the
three rods is 10 feet). They are connected together by #10 solid copper wire.

The above system gives me a stable ground that does not seem to change with the
seasons.

73, Dennis W0JX/8
Milan, OH