Re: Topband: Helically Wound Vertical

To: Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Helically Wound Vertical
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:22:22 -0600
Trent,

another solution that works well, is relatively inexpensive, and uses
off-the-shelf components is the Hustler 5BTV vertical. It works on 10, 15,
20, 40, and 80 meters. Add a DX Engineering top hat (48" spokes) on a second
RM80S resonator. The top hat and the orginal RM80S mount on the mobile
triband adapter.

Radiation efficiency is around 60% on 40 meters, 20% on 80 meters, and 7% on
160 meters. For a 23' vertical this is not bad. Band with is >200 kHz, 50
kHz, and 15 kHz respectively..

   Dave WX7G