Re: Topband: Chokes for Beverages

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Chokes for Beverages
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:03:47 -0400
Thanks Jim for the very informative information you provided on this
topic.  Additionally, you seem to stress that  using cheap RG-6 foil for
Beverage feedlines (apart from not being very durable over time) may  be
not so wise if I am serious about common mode rejection.  I just
acquired a 1000 foot roll of Belden of double shielded RG-59 with BNC
connectors affixed to each end.  This will give me some better feedlines
when I do a general replacement in the fall.  I also have a nice piece
of 75 ohm triax (two independant shields) and at one time I believe by
grounding both shields at one end and leaving the outer one float at the
other I could create  a Faraday common mode noise shield.  When I tried
to raise that balloon some years ago here the idea was summarily shot
down and it was explained that what may work for AC hum in a TV plant
has no guarantee of working at RF for noise on TB.  So the expensive
Triax just sits there in the corner.

73

Herb