Topband: KLM antennas on shunt fed towers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: KLM antennas on shunt fed towers
From: Ron Spencer <ron.e.spencer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:52:43 -0500
Anyone have problems running a KLM antenna with the 4:! balun and elements insulated from the boom (stock KLM config) on a shunt fed tower for 160? I ask because I have a 6 element 10 on the top of my shunt fed tower and now, after running a kw on 160, the antenna's swr has gone over 2:1 where before it was pretty flat at about 1.2:1 or so. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ron   N4XD
Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.