Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:53:20 -0800
>> Out of curiosity... with so many narrow-pattern receive antenna configs,
>> how do typical contest stations check different directions after a CQ?

Listen on an omni antenna with one ear and a beverage with the other
ear.  I originally switched beverages with a rotary switch.  It
was a huge improvement when I went to an array of pushbuttons in
a circle.  There are indicator lights by each button to indicate
which one is active.

Rick N6RK

Topband Reflector