Topband: DXCC for rented remote stations

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DXCC for rented remote stations
From: Ron Spencer <ron.e.spencer@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:10:52 -0400
I will also send my feedback to my ARRL section manager.

I see no issue with giving DXCC credit to stations that work DX via a
remote and/ or rented station. I see it being the same as someone that has
a QTH on both coasts. They can travel between them and work DX which counts
towards their DXCC. To make it even a more direct comparison say one of the
stations is remote controlled.

DXCC is an award for personal achievement. Why do I care how someone else
got theirs? I care about how I got mine. I moved from the west coast to the
east and decided to start my country count over knowing that, according to
the DXCC rules, I didn't need to. I wanted the country count to reflect my
efforts from each location. It was a personal choice.

Ron  N4XD