Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259 soldering/r

To: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>, donovanf@starpower.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259 soldering/reliability problems)
From: chacuff <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 15:28:43 -0600

The old school solder on type N connectors are to difficult for most to do
properly...
I don't fool with them anymore. The Times Microwave EZ series crimp connectors
for their LMR-400 & 600 cable is the only way to go. I use them on all my
stuff. Legal limit is no problem...3kw and up would be a problem...but who does
that right.
The cable prep tools are nice too.
CecilK5DL