Gin Pole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Gin Pole
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:18:33 -0400

>I am looking for plans to build a gin pole. I cannot seem to part
>with the money that AES wants for one. I think that surely that I can
>build one for less than I can buy one. It should fit a Rohn 25G. This
>is the only thing holding up my progress on getting my first tower
>up. TIA

Patrick --

     Unless you have experience in tower rigging and construction, I wouldn't
recommend building your own ginpole.  Securing it to the tower is a tricky
proposition.  I'll bet you a  nickel that someone in your area has one you
can borrow -- ask around.  Do you have any Rohn dealers in your area?  They
usually have one for rent for a small charge?  You can probably rent one from
Texas Towers or National Tower (I'm guessing at this one).  If you want to
buy one, the one that Galen, WB0W, makes is the best and it's about $100
cheaper than the Rohn.  The Rohn ginpole price from Texas Towers and National
Tower is competitive.

     Please follow all these suggestions before attempting to fabricate your
own.

73 and good luck,  Steve   K7LXC