MOSELEY JR PROBLEM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MOSELEY JR PROBLEM
From: seay@alaska.net (Del & Jan Seay)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 07:16:41 -0700
zs1afz@zs1ctc.ctech.ac.za wrote:

> From: zs1afz@zs1ctc
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
>
> Hi Folks,
>              MOSELEY  TA-33 JR  TRIBANDER  BEAM  ANTENNA
>
>    My friend is experiencing problems with his antenna. It does work
> 100% on 10 and 15 meters, but doesn't want to work on 20 meters.
>    He suspects that the traps are burnt.
>    Please can someone advise from where he can order replacement
> driver traps?
>    Your help will be much appreciated!  Many thanks in advance.
> 73/88 Maria (zs1afz@zs1ctc.ctech.ac.za)

Hi Maria. It is doubtful that the traps are to blame. If a trap goes bad,
it affects all bands due to detuning. They can be "Grid-Dipped' to check
for resonance.
What you describe could be the balun arrangement.
Before removing the traps to check resonance, try bypassing the balun
and feeding element direct with the transline and see what happens.
If you don't see an improvement, then you can check with Mosley for the
proper resonant frequency of each set of traps, and continue from
there.
Good luck.  de KL7HF