Beam 50 ohm matching/tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Beam 50 ohm matching/tuning
From: DCOLLINS@FAB9.intel.com (DENIS,)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 00:56:26 PDT
Greetings,

A few weeks back I converted my triband beam to a 17 meter monobander!
The thing works better than it ever did, not having traps to heat up
helps I guess even if it all on one band now :-(

The conversion was quick and nasty. I have a 1:1 match but the co-ax goes
straight to the driven element,no matching circuit at all. Yagimax says
the resistive component of the feedpoint impedance in in the low 20's.
So the question is if I fit a matching circuit of some kind at the beam
will I see an improvement.

The same question asked another way; What's best a dipole cut for 1:1 or
cut for resonance?

73 Denis ei6if

My opions not my companies