Simple Help on 80m Inverted Vee

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Simple Help on 80m Inverted Vee
From: ea3cr@redestb.es (Alberto Perello)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 21:38:01 +-200
Hello to all,

I need your help on the next problem,

I have a 70 feet self-supported tower with on top KLM 5 el. 20m.

In my holidays I have mounted a inverted Vee for 80 m with KLM balun 1:1.

The antenna parameter are:
     . length of each branch: 64.5 feet (I need the resonant freq. to about
3.780khz)
     . height above ground on the center: 56 feet
     . height of the tips above ground: 20 feet (aprox.)
     . apex (branches angle): 90 o (aprox)

With this parameters, the SWR are minimum 2:1, at 3.730 khz.

There is nothing to be done for lower the SWR to a values near 1.5:1.

Last problem, one of the branches is hooked to my neighbor's tree (exactly an
Olive..HI..),
and I don't have many test in the backyard of my neighbor.

The question: any know a method to adjust the impedance of my inverted Vee?,
other than change the apex angle, antenna coupler, etc.

Thank you in advance and 73 from Barcelona.

Alberto Perello
EA3CR