wind force design criteria

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: wind force design criteria
From: Henry Knoll <Henry.Knoll-1@tc.umn.edu> (Henry Knoll)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:49:20
On Mon, 12 Aug 1996 12:25:42 -0700 (PDT),
w7ni@teleport.com wrote...

>Yes, but the POINT is (gee, do I REALLY have to state it?) that a free
>standing, extended crankup will come down at a MUCH LOWER wind speed than
>most people would think.

I don't agree.  That's your supposition.

>An HONEST manufacturer would volunteer this
>information to an otherwise unsuspecting customer for the safety of the
>customer, even if it cost him a few sales . . .
>
>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

All tower manufacturers give you this info.  If you want it (and you
should) before buying, all you have to do is ask.  Is that so
difficult?

I don't understand your beef with crank-up tower manufacturers.  The
ads for the free standing and the guyed towers don't give any more
info.  You have to ask.  Seems to me, that's reasonable and prudent.
There is only so much space for an ad at a given price.

73   Henry   WA0GOZ