Corrosion Inhibitor Noalox at Home Depot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Corrosion Inhibitor Noalox at Home Depot
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:09:43 -0500
last year I disassembled a yagi that I had on a tower for 18 years in a GM
foundry town, where even the air is on the EPA's toxic substance list.. It
was originally assembled with liberal amounts of Penetrox in the joints...
Once I ground/cut/pried off the rust balls that used to be hose clamps, the
sections slipped apart with hand pressure... there was not a trace of
penetrox left, but the mating surfaces were clean and bright still...  when
it went back together at the the new qth, I used Penetrox again...

Denny   k8do@aol.com