Erecting my First

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Erecting my First
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 02:02:36 -0800
rfman1@nicom.com wrote:

> I will be erecting my first tower next spring, it is a 48'
> self-supporting.  Plan to dig 4'x4'x4' fill with self-mix concrete. yes
> or no on this?  Only beams to be installed on top will be a 6 meter
> cushcraft 5 elem beam, a dual band 2 and 70cm beam and on top will be a
> daul band vertical.
>
> Help before I fall.....
>
> 73
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

(wish I knew your name):

Please don't fall.  Follow the tower manufacturer's advise.  If you
bought a used tower without documentation, ask us for additional help.
If we knew the type tower, we might be able to help.

I don't know what self-mix concrete is, but it doesn't sound like
3000 psi tower-rated concrete.  There is much to know about this
subject.  Don't "play it by ear".

Bill, N3RR@EROLS.COM