TH6 and 402CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: TH6 and 402CD
From: cdent@tenet.edu (Cathy Elizabeth D'Entremont)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:51:43 -0600 (CST)
Hi Ya'll:
        Assuming I will overcome my ACC obstacles, this comes close to
duplicating my proposed install (Telrex TB-6EM and Hy-Gain 402BA, w/
15' of 2" mast above a heavy-duty pillow-block bearing and 5' below to
a T2X on Tristao HDX-600). I'm intrigued by your concept of putting the
40M at the bottom, my thinking was the Telrex weighs so much more and
has a larger wind load area that putting it just above the bearing and
the lighter/smaller (total s.f.) Hy-Gain up 7' or so would be the way
to go.  Lower c.g., stresses on rotor, etc.  Hadn't considered the
maintainence aspect.  Am I missing out in my thinking here?

73, Gerald D'Entremont W5BA
cdent@tenet.edu