CB or not CB...That is the question!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: CB or not CB...That is the question!
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:16:59 -0800 (PST)

and K7LXC writes:

>        Yessirreebob.  I'd probably casually mention that I have determined
>that there are various Federal laws that he's breaking and would be willing
>to overlook them if he would be willing to "work things out".   A hi-lited
>copy for his records would probably help to achieve the desired effect.
> Also, his own copy of your letter to the FCC office enumerating all of the
>above points might be worthy of his 'good buddy' scrap book.  Subtle works
>every time.

Let's see . . . what's the penalty for blackmail . . . ?

I once heard of a handy little device that might be useful here.  It's a
battery operated noise generator with output over the entire 27 MHz band.
It's triggered by RF on the 27MHz band and transmits for 30 seconds or so
after the 27 MHz RF disappears.  It is planted near the offending CB antenna
and only runs a few milliwatts so the batteries last a long time and it does
not bother other receivers that are only a couple of hundred feet away and
not tuned to 11 meters.  It is cheap enough to not bother about ever
retrieving it after the batteries run down.  It can be tossed into a tree or
even buried . . .

If you are going to use this device, I'd skip the "diplomatic chat".

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com