CB or not CB...That is the question!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: CB or not CB...That is the question!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:37:39 -0500 (EST)

>Are you guys for real?

    When I first got on the air and caused RFI problems, I was Mr. Niceguy
and tried to help.  I think that it was mostly a waste of time; I didn't have
much luck (or the right skills or devices) to eliminate the RFI.  What did I
do?  I moved out of the housing tract of 7000 sq.ft. lots and onto a 2 acre
hilltop.

    I found that it is almost useless to explain to an irate person on your
doorstep  that the problem is in THEIR equipment, not mine.  Guess how far
that got me?  Now it's "no more Mr. Niceguy".  I will be happy to give them
the phone number of the local FCC office.

     If the offending CB operator has a type accepted radio and is running
the legal limit (I'll bet you a nickel that he's running power) and it's a
matter of RF overload, being neighborly might be useful.  On the other hand,
just knocking on his door, introducing yourself and the reason for your visit
may quickly point out to you how receptive he is to your complaint (noise of
door slamming).

     If you're able to work it out without too much acrimony,
congratulations.  I for one am a little skeptical that that will happen.

73,  Steve  K7LXC