Rohn 25 Rotor Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn 25 Rotor Mounting
From: dhand@mdi.com (David Hand)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:15 EST
.¡¦ظ dhand@DS9.MICRODES.COM

I am in the process of putting up an 80 ft. tower with a couple of HF
Yagi's
stacked on top.

The plan is to have a TH7 about 2 ft. above the top and an a3ws (12/17m)
about 8 feet above it. I figured to nest two sections of mast so the A3
would be accessible from the top of the tower with the two sections
collapsed. The problem/question arrises in that that puts the
TX2 rotor down about 6 feet into the tower and I will have to cut the Z
braces at that point to get the mounting plate and rotor in place.

Is this advisable or will it cause an unacceptable weaking of the tower
at tat point?

Or is there a better solution that I havent considered??

Dave Hand WB4HYP
dhand@microdes.com