Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Verticals
From: Rolfe Tessem" <rolfe@ldp.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 97 20:39:15
On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:03:12 -0500, Phil Smith wrote:

>I am going to buy a no radial vertical, like the R-7000, GAP, or the
>DX77 or 88.
>
>My plans are to mount it 45 feet up on a Rohn 25G. That I already have
>installed.
>
>I would be interested in any comments positive AND negative about each.
>If you have one of these, or something similar, or know of someone who
>does, fill me in on the pluses and negatives.
>
>When I do install one, what should I look for and expect.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

My advice would be to forget the aforementioned "no-radial" verticals. Shunt
feed the 45 feet of Rohn
25, put down some radials -- ANY radials -- and you will have a much better
antenna.

Rolfe, W1VC

--
Rolfe Tessem                  |                 Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com                 |                 96 Morton Street