Ham-II Rotor Anomaly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Ham-II Rotor Anomaly
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 00:40:28 -0600
The Ham-II (I think it might be....Ham-something, anyway) on our club
station (W5RRR) 80' tower does a complete 360 degree rotation as is
normal, but, the meter stops as it stops at about 250 degrees.  I
measured wiper to pot arm voltage and it ranges from 2.55 volts (meter
reads 250 degrees) to 12.85 volts (due south through East).  The limit
switches do their thing at the appropriate times.

My guess (since it has been too cold and wet to climb this week) is that the
wiper arm has somehow jumped out of its nook in the bell housing or the pot
element has strangely gone bad somehow.

Any ideas?

Post to me directly.  I will summarize to the reflector.

Thanks and 73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u