Towerbase -- how close to a house?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Towerbase -- how close to a house?
From: jlockj@minn.net (John Lockhart)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:35:16 -0600
Lee es Group,

One "personal experience" hint:

If you can't pour the concrete the same day as digging
the hole (scheduling/inspections/etc.), make sure your
hole AND 2-3 feet around it is covered with boards/tarps.
I had major rain hit one of my projects, resulting in the
clay walls falling in.  (Ended up buying more concrete
than I planned)  This is more of a problem near a structure
where you have rain collected by a roof/gutter system!

I also recommend snow/construction-fencing the hole
while the hole presents a potential hazard.

Observation by a non-ham:  Isn't this a lot of work just to
                                         scare yourself putting antennas
                                         high in the air??

73,

John  W0DC