Phasing in stacks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Phasing in stacks
From: fcady@montana.campus.mci.net (Fred Cady)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 06:06:08 -0800 (PST)
Thanks, Frank for your interesting model.  A few years ago during KB7Q's
first try at EME, in the dead of winter (it was -30 on the thermometer,
really) we couldn't make the Q even though we could hear the other station.
After consultation on the phone we donned our antarctic gear and went out
and discovered that two of the yagis had been mounted upside down relative
to the other two.  We flipped them over and then made the Q.  So, Frank, I
was wondering if your in-phase model could be run and see what happens if
you drive the right-side of one antenna (assuming a gamma or some other
unbalanced feed system) and the left-side of the other.  Would this be
equivalent to 180 out of phase?

73, Fred KE7X

Fred Cady
<fcady@montana.campus.mci.net>