stacked beam patterns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: stacked beam patterns
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:41:40 -0500 (EST)
The notes I posted on stacked beams are based on NEC-4 data and patterns.
Since some of the data is difficult to visualize, I have placed both sets
of notes together--along with a number of elevation patterns for the
various configurations--on my own home page collection:
http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~cebik/stack.html

Please note that the data, even within modeling limitations, is directly
applicable only to the situations modeled.  Changes of height and beam
spacing may well alter the results.  The selections you make--no
switching, single vs. stack switching, and/or phase switching--will be
predicated on the perceived needs for your own operation and may well vary
from one person to another according to differences in types of operating
activities.  The purpose of the notes is solely to provide one kind of
aid--among many possible kinds--toward having reasonable expectations of
what you do with your stack.

-73-

LB, W4RNL