[TowerTalk] Silicone Dielectric Grease

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Silicone Dielectric Grease
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon WQ5G 512-838-7008)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 97 17:12:50 -0600
I have purchased silicone dielectric grease from Ford, and I expect
that the other manufacturers (and probably your local auto parts
dealer) carry it as well. I think this is the same stuff that was
mentioned in the earlier posts - it is a clear-to-slightly-whitish
grease that is non-hardening and non-water-soluble.

It is recommended that a thin coating be put on the spark plug wire
connectors of high energy automotive ignition systems, as I recall.
One tube goes a long way, I have had mine for years.

If anyone need, I could probably dig up the Ford part number.

73 de Steve WQ5G