[TowerTalk] Re: Rotator Cable Alternatives

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Rotator Cable Alternatives
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (AA1K jon zaimes)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 02:31:37 -0500
Hi Roger....That should work...but not sure how UV resistant those bags are.
Sunlight might destroy them over time.

I have used some old soda bottles (the 2-liter size) to cover hardline
splices in my beverage feedlines. I got this idea from VE1ZZ. The two
hardline ends, spliced together, point up and are taped; then the bottle
(with the narrow neck cut off) is placed over the splice, a foot or two
above ground.

73/Jon

Good point Jon... although if you pass any landfill you'll probably see them
(plastic bags) around for ages. Besides you can cover the bag with Scotch
#33 vinyl tape.  The soda bottle, I presume is plastic too.... is left open
at the bottom.  And... if the UV rays degrade this plastic... it's cheap and
easy to replace as long as you don't have to climb a tower to do it.

Roger, K2JAS